Friday 22 March 2013

Hey there

To those of you who don't already know me from Twitter or Tumblr, my name is Marianne and I'm starting this blog because one day I would like to work in music journalism and it was reccomended that I did something like this in order to appeal to universities :)

Of course, this was not a problem for me as I have always been passionate about writing and music and I'm actually quite excited about getting started. I'm constantly listening to music and talking about it anyway, so why not share my thoughts and opinions with the blogosphere?

Currently, I live in Newcastle and I'm in my first year at 6th form studying English language, French, Italian, general studies and art. In my spare time, I regularly attend gigs and spend too much time social networking, but from now on I'll be posting album reviews and other music related things here too.

I mainly listen to heavy and alternative music, although I do have a wide range of knowledge on all genres and the history of modern music in general. Here's a brief list of some of my favourite bands: A Day To Remember, Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Parkway Drive, Sleeping With Sirens and While She Sleeps. The quicker amongst you may have also noticed my blog is named after an Of Mice & Men song- "O.G. Loko" and the title also being lyrics from this song.

In addition, I buy Kerrang! magazine weekly and Rock Sound and Alternative Press montly as sources of inspiration and interest.

To you, if you are reading this, thank you. I hope you'll be back soon to read some of my actual work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment